Product Type: Baguette
Dimension: 230mm and 215..
Wood: Cherry bark
Kakunnodate Denshiro has been producing high-quality cherry bark (Kabazaiku) items for over six generations since 1851. Kabazaiku is a product made from wild cherry bark. It is environmentally friendly because the traditional methods used by their specialists to collect the bark ensure that it will grow back even after harvest. All Kabazaiku products are handmade. The main technique used is called the “wooden mold method”, in which leaves of wood and cherry bark are wrapped around a wooden mold and ironed with a heated metal trowel. This process gives a great airtightness and is used to make light but firm products such as tea cans.
How to take care of Kabazaiku.
– Tea boxes: storing tea leaves in them helps to maintain appropriate moisture and keep them in the best conditions.
Wipe the products from time to time with a soft cloth in the direction of the wood thread.
Precaution of use.
– Use the products only for the purpose for which they are intended.
– To avoid peeling, keep away from water. Do not leave in very humid conditions for long periods of time.
– To avoid distortion, cracks and color deterioration, avoid direct sunlight.
– Do not use products in the microwave or oven.